Hello dear friends, today we will share a delicious dessert recipe for you as a Turkish foods family . How about would you like to learn about cezerye, one of the most popular desserts in Turkey? Firstly , cezerye has got its name from the word “cezer”, which means “carrot” in Arabic. Nobody knows the emergence of this dessert with a long history. But everybody knows that it belongs to the city of Mersin in Turkey and that it has spread to the whole world from this city. In Turkey, people consume cezerye very much. Because it is both easy to make and practical , as well as a few ingredients and healthy.
Cezerye dessert consists of carrots, coconut, various spices and nuts. Cezerye is a dessert with many varieties including hazelnut, pistachio, walnut and almond. Our recipe today is cezerye with hazelnuts. In addition, to make cezerye, they boil the carrots, add sugar, spices and nuts to it and rest the cezerye. Then they cover the cezerye with coconut, cut and serve. People in Turkey consume this delicious dessert especially with coffee. In addition, it is one of the best treats for guests.
Hazelnut Cezerye Dessert ( Cezerye )
- Stretch film
- 8 carrots
- 2 spoon farina
- Half cup of water
- 1 glasses of sugar
- Half of teaspoon powdered essence of lemon
- Half of teaspoon cinnamon
- 50 ml grape molasses
- 100 gram hazelnuts
- Firstly , peel and chop the carrots and put them in a pot and boil it 15 minutes.
- Put , 2 spoon farina and half of cup water in a bowl and stir them well .
- Blend the boiled carrots in a blender and put it in a pan and cook it about 15 minutes .
- Add the farina mixture in the pan and cook it 10 minutes and add sugar and continue to 15 more minutes .
- Add cinammon and powdered essence of lemon and grape molasses and cook it 10 more minutes.
- Add the hazelnuts and stir them
- Cover a tray with a stretch film and pour evenly coconuts on it . And add the mixture on it and spread evenly .
- Rest it in the fridge for 1 day
- Cover it with coconuts and cut
- You can serve it.
Also , this dessert is a very beneficial food for health as it does not contain glucose. Cezerye is especially good for eye diseases. Because it contains vitamins A and C. In addition, due to the hazelnuts in it, it is good for the hair and prevents hair loss and strengthens the hair. It is not only for the hair but also beautifies the skin and delays aging.
In addition to all of these, Cezerye lowers cholesterol and prevents Alzheimer’s disease. This healthy and delicious dessert with many benefits will be one of your favorite desserts, too. You can prepare this delicious dessert and serve it to your guests with peace of mind. As a Turkish foods family , we definitely recommend you to try this delicious cezerye recipe with hazelnut that we prepared for you. After trying it, do not forget to write your thoughts in the comments section.