Hello friends! As a family of Turkish food, we gave a boyoz recipe in our recipe today. We are sure that it will be indispensable for your breakfast meals. You will love this boyoz recipe. Wouldn’t you like to fill your breakfast tables with unique flavors? I can hear you say yes from here. There are also many recipes for your special occasions or to stay fit on our food site. The most famous of Izmir cuisine is the boyoz recipe, a yeast-free pastry identified with Izmir’s taste. We are sure that we do not like Boyoz! You can cook these delicious and oily doughs, which can also be prepared with various stuffing, in a preheated oven at high temperature.
We made it low-fat in this recipe, but you can increase it.In different recipes, it is possible to prepare the dough in which a small amount of tahini is added to the dough and the dough that has rested for a long time is kept in melted fat, paying attention to the waiting times, by using different methods at home. You can find the ingredients of this recipe from home, even in every grocery store. All the recipes we provide have been tried and are presented to you. Therefore, you can easily use our measurements. Stay with us for delicious recipes with ingredients from home.
Turkish Boyoz Recipe
- Big deep bowl
- Baking paper
- Baking Tray
- Stretch film
For the dough
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 glass water
- 4 tablespoon butter
- First, prepare our dough. For this, mix all the ingredients except water, add water little by little to get a slightly solid dough from the earlobe.
- It would be better if you put the water in a controlled manner. After gathering the dough in the bowl, you can sprinkle very light flour on the counter and crush it with your hand on the counter or continue to knead in the bowl.
- When the dough is ready, divide it into 4 equal parts and make it into a meringue. Cover the bowl you kneaded and let it rest for half an hour.
- At the end of this period, flour one of the meringues on the counter lightly and open it as a plate by pressing with your hand.
- Put 2 spoons of butter that is slightly cooler than room temperature into it and open another meringue in the same size and cover it.
- Cover the edges by pressing well, apply a very light oil with your hand on the bottom and put it on a tray.
- Prepare the other two meringues in this way, cover them with stretch film and rest for 1 hour.
- You will take one of the resting dough on the counter which you greased lightly. While doing this, remove your hand carefully from the bottom of the dough and lift it slowly and leave it on the bench.
- Then large as much as you can with your hand, slowly pulling by pull. There may be tears at this stage. It's not too much of a problem.
- Then roll the edges in an envelope and cut into 5 equal parts.
- Hold each piece vertically, press it from the middle to the bottom with two fingers, pull your fingers and press it with your hand not far from the top.
- Prepare the others in this way and cook them at 200 degrees until they turn pink. Bon Appetit.
Bon Appetit! I hope you enjoy our boyoz recipe that we easily prepare at home. You can increase or decrease the ingredients. It was so well cooked that we really like of its flavor. We highly recommend it. How about looking at our other recipes? We are sure that you will like our recipes very much. If you ask what goes with Boyoz; I think it will be very satisfying with tea or buttermilk, but to enrich your tables, eggs, cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese, etc. you can add.
If you have any meals, snacks or desserts you want to cook, you can write them in the comments. Maybe the next recipe will be the one you want;)
Check out our breakfast suggestion, cornelian jam.