Hello friends! As a Turkish foods family, we have given a bulgur pilaf recipe for you in our today’s recipe. We are sure that this recipe will be indispensable for your main meals. You will love this pilaf recipe. Because it is very easy to prepare, practical and will not tire you at all, and of course it is just as delicious. To explain the recipe, we can say that it is a very tasty recipe with plenty of ingredients but very economical. Wouldn’t you like to decorate your tables with unique tastes? I can hear you saying yes. There are many recipes on our food site for your special days or to stay fit on your getaway days.
We’re sure everyone loves pilaf ! Because there are pilaf varieties to suit every taste and every budget! You will love bulgur, which is known to be healthier than rice, in this form. And , you can find the ingredients for this recipe in every supermarket. We have given you a practical main course recipe with the recipe for bulgur pilaf. Also ,an ideal recipe for your out-of-the-ordinary guests or for late dinners. There is no need for another main dish besides this pilaf. All the recipes on the website , we have tried and presented to you. Therefore, you can use our measurements with peace of mind. Follow us for delicious recipes with ingredients at home.
Bon Appetit !
Pubs Style Bulgur Pilaf ( Meyhane Pilavı )
- 2 spoon butter
- 2 spoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 green peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 spoon tomato paste
- 1/2 spoon pepper paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1,5 glasses of coarse bulgur
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 3 glasses of boiled water
- First, chop your onions into cubes. Then chop your green pepper and your red pepper too. Finely chop 2 garlic cloves. Then cut 10 cherry tomatoes in half. If you don't have cherry tomatoes, you can cut the tomato into four pieces . Or you can grate the tomatoes. (it will be more practical if the vegetables are chopped first)
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pot and heat it.
- Put the onions into the oil and brown them. (brown them until soft)
- Add red and green peppers to the softened onions and continue to stir and brown.
- Then add 1.5 cups of bulgur into the pot. Fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add finely chopped garlic. Also add the tomato and pepper paste. Add a teaspoon of salt and black pepper and continue browning .
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pot.
- Add 3 glasses of hot water and cook on high heat for 3-5 minutes. Then turn to low heat and cook for 15 minutes. In the meantime, keep the lid of the pot closed. (Check if it is cooked by tasting)
- Pubs style bulgur pilaf is ready, you can serve it.
- Bon Appetit !
I hope you like our bulgur pilaf recipe that we can easily prepare at home.İn addition , you can increase or decrease the ingredients we provide. It was cooked so well that we could not get enough of its taste. How about looking at our other recipes? We are sure that you will like our recipes very much. For example, with bulgur pilaf ; We recommend you to take a look at our accompanying dishes and drinks such as lentil soup, wedding soup, tas kebab, grilled meatballs, salad.
If you have meals, snacks, desserts that you want to make, you can write them in the comments. Maybe the next recipe will be the recipe you want 😉