Hello friends, today we will share with you the onion kebab recipe. You can come across many kebab dishes in Turkish cuisine. Turks love kebab, so there is a kebab recipe with almost every vegetable. Have you ever heard of today’s onion kebab? If you haven’t heard, you’re in for a delicious kebab recipe. Meals in Turkey vary from region to region. In some regions, a few more ingredients are used, while in some regions these ingredients are not used at all. But overall the food is the same. There are minor differences. Onion kebab is one of these dishes. In the city of Antep, there are slightly different changes in the glorious city of Urfa. But we, as the Turkish foods family, will share the original recipe.
Try this recipe, you will definitely love the taste. As much as the Turks love it, the foreign guests who come to our country love the kebab varieties of Turkish cuisine. moreover, we even witnessed that they ate more than one portion of kebab. For this reason, you can try our recipes without any doubt. You will be amazed by its flavors. Onion kebab is one of the practical dishes and one of the favorite dishes of eastern Turkey. Although onion kebab is generally known throughout Turkey, it is consumed quite a lot in Şanlıurfa, Adana, Mardin and Gaziantep regions. I hope you like our recipe.
Onion Kebab Recipe (Soğan Kebabı)
- Aluminum foil
- 1 kg little onion (the size of a tangerine)
- 350 gram minced meat
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 taespoon red powdered pepper
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaglass pomegranate Syrup
- 1 dessertspoon tomato paste
- 1.5 teaglass water
- Add the minced meat to the bowl, add salt, pepper and red pepper and knead for 5 minutes.
- Cut into pieces as many as the number of onions, roll and set aside.
- Peel the onions, wash them clean and remove the first layer.
- Remove the layers of the onion from the middle, leaving a space between, and the meatballs you make will fit here.
- Squeeze the meatballs between the onions and place them on the tray.
- Continue this process until all the onions and minced meat are gone.
- Bake in a preheated 250 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Whisk together the pomegranate syrup, tomato paste and water in a bowl. Take the cooked onions from the oven and drizzle this sauce over them with the help of a spoon.
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil and cook for another 10-15 minutes until the onions are completely soft.
I hope you liked our onion kebab recipe. If you are after different tastes and flavors, be sure to follow up. On our site, there are traditional Turkish cuisine, Ottoman palace cuisine, modern Turkish cuisine and even recipes from world cuisine. As Turkish foods family, we are proud to introduce traditional and different tastes to you. We are happy to see that you have gained a lot of new information from our articles. You can learn more about traditional dishes from our website and flavor their tables. Be sure to leave your thoughts and the food you want as a comment. Stay tuned for unique and delicious recipes. See you in the next different flavors 🙂