Hello friends, today we will share with you another interesting and different recipe. An interesting recipe because this dish is made from goat intestines. Yes, it sounds a little strange, but no doubt it is a very tasty dish. A dish worth trying. Stuffed sheep sausages is a kind of stuffing made by filling the large intestines of sheep with internal mortar. It is carried out in the majority of the provinces of the Southeastern Anatolia Region of Turkey and in some provinces of the Eastern Anatolia Region. Stuffed sheep sausages is generally consumed more in winter. Stuffed sheep sausages seems like a laborious meal. The main difficulty is to clean the intestines of the sheep. After that, it becomes even easier to make this stuffing.
This dish is made in every region of Turkey. It is a dish that Turkey and Turks cannot give up. And it’s an offal meal. It is quite normal to come across offal dishes in Turkey and we will share these recipes with you. These offal dishes are both delicious and interesting. We recommend it to those who want to taste different flavors. Offal food is a very useful type of food. Let’s take a look at these benefits together. New developments reveal that consuming offal has positive effects on human health. It is emphasized by experts that offal meals prepared in accordance with hygiene rules are primarily a storehouse of vitamins and minerals and are important for human health.
Stuffed sheep sausages, which is an interesting recipe, can create a sense of cautious approach for those who have not tasted it before. However, once you taste it, it becomes one of the indispensables. After the cleaning phase, stuffed mumbar is enriched with bulgur, spices and meat, the main ingredient of Hatay and Mardin flavors. After all the materials are filled into the intestines, the mouth is knotted or sewn and passed through the water again. Stuffed sheep sausages, which is usually consumed in winter, can also be easily made at home. So how can we make this dish at home? Here is the recipe for you 🙂
Stuffed Sheep Sausages (Mumbar Dolması)
- Pressure cooker
- 1 kg lamb intestine
- 300 gram meat cubes
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 tablespoon tomata paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 parsley
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- First, wash the intestines in a tap by turning them upside down so that water runs through them.
- Then rub the intestines with salt, lemon and leave it for half an hour so that the smell does not remain in the intestines
- Wash the rice and bulgur and put them in a bowl. Add tomato paste, chopped parsley, garlic, dried mint, red pepper flakes, black pepper and salt.
- Prepare the stuffing by mixing. Grab one end of the intestine between your thumb and forefinger.
- While the intestine is empty, insert the outer part of the intestine a couple of times with the index finger of the other hand.
- Then fill the mortar with the help of your fingers. As you fill the mortar, push it in with your finger.
- Continue filling all the guts in the same way. After the stuffing is finished, sew the two ends with needle and thread.
- Otherwise, it will overflow while cooking with rice and bulgur inside and its taste will deteriorate.
- Wash the intestines in this way for the last time and put them in the pressure cooker.
- Add the cold water and the juice of 1 lemon to cover it and let it boil.
- After boiling, cook for an average of 20-25 minutes on low heat and make it ready to serve.
- If you want, you can heat 1 spoon of pepper paste and add it by making a sauce on it. Bon Appetit!
Today we prepared an interesting and delicious meal with you. This dish is frankly a recipe that takes some courage. But first, you can taste this dish in a restaurant. Then you can make a delicious stuffed sheep sausages with the recipe we gave you. This is a very different and very interesting dish. If you are looking for different flavors, definitely try this recipe. The range of Turkish cuisine is quite wide. There are more types of food than you can imagine. We will share these recipes with you, from the most difficult dishes to the easiest ones. To be frank, this dish is a time-consuming and difficult dish. But everyone can definitely make the recipe we give. Follow our page for more interesting and delicious recipes. We are wondering if you like your thoughts and ideas. Please indicate your views in the comments. See you with another nice recipes 🙂