Hello dear friends, today we will share a delicious dessert recipe for you as a Turkish foods family . Desserts have a very important place in Turkish cuisine. In addition, there are many types of desserts in Turkish cuisine, including sherbet, chocolate and milk desserts. Lokma, a dessert with sherbet, is one of the most popular desserts. Lokma dessert is one of the important desserts inherited from Ottoman cuisine to Turkish cuisine.
The recipe for lokma is one of the desserts unique to Izmir in Turkey. It is seen that there are desserts very similar to this dessert not only in Turkish cuisine, but also in Arabic and Balkan cuisine. In Turkey, this dessert is made and consumed in every region. You can have this dessert free of charge in many places in Turkey.
Because people make this dessert to celebrate something or when they get good news and give it to everyone. For example, when they get news of birth, circumcision or something they want happens. But it is distributed not only to celebrate something, but also for ceremonies such as funerals.
Yeast Fritters İn Thick Syrup ( Lokma Tatlısı )
- Stretch film
- Plastic bottle
- 2.5 glasses of sugar
- 2 glasses of water
- 1 spoon lemon juice
- 2 glasses of lukewarm water
- 1 dessert spoon dry yeast
- 1 spoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3.5 glasses of flour
- Firstly , put 2.5 glasses of sugar , 2 glasses of water and 1 spoon lemon juice in a pot and stir it until boils
- Boil it 10 minutes and after boiling wait it for cool down
- Put 2 glasses of lukewarm water , dry yeast and 1 spoon sugar in a bowl and stir and melt it
- Then , add flour little by little in the bowl , add salt and stir them well
- Cover the bowl with a stretch film and wait 30 minutes for fermantation
- Put the dough in a plastic bottle and pierce the cap of the bottle . if you want , you can use a spoon
- Put oil in a pan and heat it , and pour the dough from the bottle and cut it into the small pieces with a help of scissors which is greased and fry them
- After frying , put hot lokma desserts in a cool sherbet and wait for 3-4 minutes
- You can serve them
You can prepare this delicious dessert very easily. All you have to do is prepare a fluid dough and fry it in hot oil. Then you can put it in the sherbet and serve. With this delicious dessert, you can create a visual feast on your tables and get the appreciation of your guests. Also, when you get good news like the Turkish people, you can make this delicious dessert and share it with others.
Be sure that you will love this dessert after you try it and it will be one of your favorite desserts. As a Turkish foods family , we strongly recommend you to try this delicious dessert recipe we prepared for you. Do not forget to write your thoughts in the comment section after you try.