Hello dear friends, today we will share a delicious eggplant kebab recipe with you as a Turkish foods family . Kebabs are one of the most indispensable parts of Turkish cuisine. As such, you can find many types of kebabs in Turkish cuisine.
Turkish cuisine, which has many types of kebabs such as Adana kebab, iskender kebab, urfa kebab, eggplant kebab, and beyti kebab, introduced these delicacies to the whole world and managed to attract everyone’s taste. Eggplant kebab, which we will share with you today, has a delicious taste like other kebabs.
It is known that eggplant kebab, which is appreciated by everyone with this taste, is a dish unique to Gaziantep, Adıyaman and Şanlıurfa in Turkey. Eggplant kebab is both easy to cook and contains less ingredients. You can easily make this dish that does not require any manual skills.
Kebab With Eggplant (Patlıcan Kebabı)
- Baking Tray
- Wooden skewers
- 3 Bowls
- Aluminum foil
- 4 eggplants
- 4-5 green peppers
- 2 tomatoes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 300 gram minced meat
- 1 grated onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of crumbs bread
- 1 teaspoon soda
- ground chilli pepper
- ground black pepper
- ground red pepper
- 1 spoon tomato paste
- 25 ml oil
- 2 glasses of hot water
- 1 dessert spoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Firstly , peel and cut roundly eggplants and put them in a bowl and add water and 1 teaspoon salt on them
- Put minced meat in a bowl and add onion , garlics , crumbs bread , soda and spices on it and knead them well about 10-15 minutes
- Make the minced meat the shape of round meatballs
- Arrange them into an eggplant and a meatball on the skewers
- Put them and tomatoes , peppers and garlics in the baking tray
- For sauce , put 1 spoon tomato paste , 25 ml oil , salt , black pepper and hot water in a bowl and stir them well
- Pour the sauce on the kebab
- Cover the baking tray with an aluminum foil and bake it in a 200 degrees oven for 1 hour
- Take it out from the oven and take out the aluminum foil and put it again in the oven and bake again about 35-40 minutes without aluminum foil
- You can serve it with rice pilaf
To make eggplant kebab, all you have to do is chop the eggplants in a round shape, then knead the minced meat and various ingredients together, and then turn this minced meat into meatballs. Then, it is to cook them on skewers by arranging them into an eggplant and a meatball. If you want, you can arrange them in a baking tray rather than on skewers.
And you can pour sauce on it and bake it in the oven. Be sure, you will love this very easy and practical eggplant kebab. With this dish, you can create a visual feast on your tables and win everyone’s appreciation.
As a Turkish foods family , we strongly recommend you to try this delicious kebab recipe we prepared for you. After trying it, do not forget to write your thoughts in the comments section.